Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Pretzel M&M Blondies

Pretzel M&Ms are my new obsession, I literally cant eat just one or even 10 :) I have been wanting to bake something with them for a while and just not gotten around to it. A couple of weeks ago on a Target trip, I ran acorss the Christmas Pretzel M&M's and immediately thought of how pretty they would be baked into a blondie. So I went home and started googling, and saw Bridget, from Bake at 350, had made exactly that. Off I went to the kitchen :) I did tweak her recipe a bit, as I didnt have fleur del sel on hand and at the last minute decided against topping with sea salt.

Pretzel M&M Blondies from Bake at 350



1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
1 cup light brown sugar packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup pretzel M&M's

Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter and set aside. Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil, with some hanging over the sides.

Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and salt. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour. Stir in the M&M's.


Pour into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.Bake for 30-35 minutes or unitl a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack. Lift up the foil and cut into sqaures. I drizzled red and green candy melts over the top to add a little Holiday Cheer :)

Go grab a bag and make these today. They are chewy with crunchy and salty with the sweet! Amazing!! Print This

7 comments:

  1. I really have to try those m&ms! Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They look delicious and I wish I had one right now! Happy New Year your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, I was excited about trying these when they first came out and I didn't care for them but I couldn't pinpoint why. Then it hit me...they taste like Whoppers! Despite not liking them, your bars turned out so festive.

    Hope you had a merry Christmas. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny..I just made some of these on Friday night and they were sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How colorful and what fun! I am new to your blog, so, after reading this post began to browse through some of your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not seen those M&Ms. I love salty & sweet so I'd probably like 'em a lot and goodness knows we're crazy about blondies.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete