Monday, November 16, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars

My sister called me last week to see if I could make a dessert for her. She was bringing dessert to celebrate a fellow teachers birthday. She said she thought she wanted something with chocolate chip cookie dough, so I got home and started looking through my recipes. There were a few I showed her but this one was the clear winner! I have never made it so I was a little nervous shipping it off without a taste....but from what I hear it was a huge hit!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars seen on Bake or Break from The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook

(I doubled this recipe and used a 13 x 9 inch pan instead of the 9 inch square it calls for)

Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cookie Dough:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
1/3 cups packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups all purpose flour

Filling:
10 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Making the crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9 inch square pan (I doubled recipe and used a 13 x 9). Line pan with parchment paper, leaving enough room to extend over sides. Butter the parchment paper. (Pam with flour works fine)

Combine graham crackers and butter until crumbs are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.

Press crust mixture into bottom of pan and 1 inch up sides. Bake for 6 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool.



Making the cookie dough: Using an electric mixer, mix butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt and vanilla extract at medium speed until smooth. Decrease mixer speed to low and add flour. Mix just until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside



Making the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar just until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating just until blended.



Pour batter into baked crust.


Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls over the top of the filling.



Bake about 30 mins, or until set. Transfer to wire rack to cool.


For chocolate drizzle, just melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bag in the microwave and drizzle over the top! Cut into bars and serve!


If you are a cookie dough fan this recipe is for you! My sister said everyone loved it, and now I wish I had a small piece to at least try it out. My guess is I will be making this recipe again soon! Print This

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is like the ultimate dessert. Feeds a crowd, cookie dough, cheesecake, lots to love for everyone, and realtively easy too. LOVING this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These chocolate chip cheesecake bars look absolutely delicious. A perfect treat to enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...my waistline just grew 3 inches looking at that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic treat - my kids would love them...so would I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! These look so good. This just gave me an idea for a chocolate chip cookie sandwiched together with a hunk of cheesecake in the center.

    You're such an awesome sister. When can I place my order :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the perfect indulgence! I believe that I could easily eat 3 or 4 all in one setting. They look delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why this recipe is a winner! It's so pretty and filled with all kinds of yummy ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bars sound like heaven to me! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet sister you are! Trying this recipe soon - I love cookie dough!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just don't know how you could go wrong with these. They sure sound like a hit to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheesecake and cookie dough? Does it get much better? I'm thinking not! I can't believe I almost missed this one too!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look really yummy, I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks sis!! The cake was great and everyone kept coming back for me.

    ReplyDelete