Monday, August 24, 2009

Cookies n Cream Cheesecakes

When I first bought Martha's Cupcake Book, I bookmarked about 20 different recipes I wanted to try right away (wishful thinking huh?) anyways one of them was the Oreo Cheesecakes. Around that same time, Monica from Lick the Bowl Good & Ingrid from 3 B's baked these together as well. After seeing their pictures I couldn't wait anymore. I decided I would make them and Scott could take half to the fire station with him and I would bring the other half to my work. I decided I wanted to do both mini and standard size cupcakes.

(If you don't have this book, you need to get it! Its great!)

Cookies n Cream Cheesecakes from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes

42 Oreos(30 left whole and 24 coarsely chopped. Half of the chopped will go into the batter the other half will be used for the bottoms of the mini cheesecakes. )

2 lbs. cream cheese, at room temperature

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

4 large eggs, room temp. slightly beaten

1 cup of sour cream

Pinch of salt

1. Preheat over to 275 F. Line standard and mini muffin tins with paper liners. Place one whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup. Spoon cookie crumbles into bottom of mini muffin tins.

2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.

3, Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

4. Divide batter evenly among cookie filled cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 mins. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate in tins at least 4 hours. Remove just before serving.



They turned out fantastic! I had enough batter to make 24 full size and 24 mini cheesecakes with a little batter left over.

This post is several weeks late as I have been a very bad blogger lately. Hopefully this week I will catch up and show you other things I have been up to. Enjoy!


I didn't put any pictures of the bottoms of the mini cheesecakes because once you take the wrapper off its pretty crumbly. But they were delicious. I didn't have much of anything to bring home after work!
Print This

4 comments:

  1. Yours turned out great! I'm craving these all over again! When I made mine I only got 2. That's probably all I needed (but I want more!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy deliciousness! These sound amazing. I love Oreos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh... I haven't made these yet. Slowly working my way through Martha's book. They look great! I love that you made minis too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely liked these in the bigger size. The little ones were too chocolate-y for me. Thanks for the shout out!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete