This was the original post I wrote for these but never had any pictures to share. I have been wanting to make them again and finally my sister bugged me enough to try a new flavor! These really are so much fun to make and this time I tried strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. They were yummm-o!!
1. Bake a cake from a mix and follow the instructions on the box. (Use any flavor you like)
2. Let it cool completely.
3. Crumble the cake into little pieces into a large bowl. (Fine consistency)4. Add a can of cream cheese frosting to the cake crumbles. 5. You can blend together using your hands or large spoon. (This can get pretty messy) Make sure to blend thoroughly! I usually use my hands but this time I tried using the mixer and it worked out perfectly and is definitely less messy!
7. Cover with foil and place the balls into the fridge for several hours or in the freezer to speed up this process. It will help to have them chilled later in the dipping process.
8. Once chilled, begin to heat up your bark coating or candy coating. Use heating directions according to package usually in 30 sec intervals. (I used both white chocolate and chocolate to add some variation of color)
9. Dip the balls one at a time in the melted chocolate until covered. (I switch off between forks, spoons and using candy dipping tools. Use whatever works best for you.)
10. Place on wax paper to dry. At this point you can decorate them any way you choose, use sprinkles, drizzle chocolate over them, or just enjoy them as is!
I hope to tackle the cupcake pops next, these seemed to be a little to moist to get the cookie cutter to come off. So hopefully next time that works out better!